Easter Sunday 2012!
5:30am – woke up to Skype with my family in Iceland, watching the annual Easter Egg hunt
8:00 – time to go to Church. I had to sing in two services today. They even offered breakfast for us today :]
After church I went to visit my America host family for some real southern lunch
– my American daddy
–fried chicken, ham, casseroles, beans, Mac and cheese, corn, potatoes…
– tons of sweet tea
– actually, there was so much offered and some thought the plates were too small for everything to fit so they stuffed two plates…
– however, like the right side photo shows, I stuck to a single plate 😉
….and skipped the fried chicken lol
Of course, they couldn’t have a real southern meal without a desert table…
In the afternoon we went Easter egg hunting at their friends house
They had hidden 800 eggs around the yard for us to find!
– one even had a 100$ bill :]
– however, all the eggs I found were filled with chocolate, isn’t that just even better ;]
– Aren’t those pretzel chocolate candy’s cute?
– lemonade to cool down :]
It really was a great Easter Sunday!
Since Easter in Iceland is all about sitting in front of the TV and eating chocolate, this was a nice change from that tradition :]